Sep 19, 2008

Star Wars!

Lucasfilm has announced an extension of their deal with Del Rey until 2013, and yours truly is going to be writing a novel set just before the Knights of the Old Republic storyline. Since I am one of those guys who saw the movie (you know, The Movie; you know the one I mean) a dozen times the summer it came out, this is kind of a dream come true. Viva la Geek! Plus, there are some interesting open spaces in the continuity from that period, which give me a lot of room to work. A detailed announcement of the new books until 2011 or so is on StarWars.com here; my book comes out in the fall of 2010. Mark your calendars...

5 comments:

Greg Mitchell said...

Again, very exciting!! Are you able to say yet if this takes place before the KOTOR game or the KOTOR comics?

MetaFilmList said...

I hope that this book will spawn a series of books. I loved the Knights of the Old Republic Games but always wished for a novelization of the main stories. This is the next era for Star Wars to get some serious development. Very Excited

Anonymous said...

I really hope your main character is female - far far too many stories in the galaxy far far away are centered around male characters (and making Revan a man was something that even now continues to gall me).

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by, and for your comments. Will let everyone know more as I am permitted...

Machievelli said...

I just wish I could get an agent to look at mine! Sigh