Jan 14, 2009

First Article I Ever Published

Like I said before, I know I'm supposed to hate Google Books, but I've never seen this article nor held a copy of the book in my hands (thanks to the author-copy policies of Greenwood Press, which I'm sure have their own perfectly valid reasons for existing). I wrote this in 1998 for the International Conference on the Fantastic in the Arts, which I have subsequently directed certain of my grad students to attend. The organization is great about, as Bill Senior said some years ago, "caring for its young." If you're a budding scholar of the fantastic, you really should go. Plus it's in Florida in March. How can you afford not to?

Anyway, thanks to Google Books, I get a chance to see what the piece looks like on the page. I think I like it, still.

No comments: